Best Foot Massage Video
for learning soothing and relaxing techniques!
A foot massage video will demonstrate one of the most relaxing types of massage therapy you can imagine. It provides relaxation, stress relief and pain reduction.
Because the feet are one of the parts of the body that works the hardest for us, they need the extra special attention provided by foot massage. They not only hold the weight of the body all day long, they help to balance us, keeping us standing, walking, running, and even sitting.
The more we move, the more tired they become. That is why foot massage is so wonderful to most people, it's not only relaxing, it provides pain relief. And if each part of the foot is directly linked to a certain body part, as reflexology states, it can provide healing and encourage proper energy flow throughout the body.
Types of Foot Massage Video
- Reflexology - this is an ancient Chinese foot pressure therapy that concentrates on proper energy flow through meridians of the body. It is based on the premise that foot massage stimulates energy fields, which promote relaxation and healing of the body, and specific stimulation directly corresponds to a specific body part. Many reflexologists say that having a reflexology session is as good for you as a full body massage.
- Chinese Foot Massage - based on many of the same beliefs as Reflexology, Chinese foot massage dates back over 3000 years ago, when it was used as preventative medicine and to cure common ailments. It also focuses on the premise that a meridian network connects our organs, tissues, and cells. Each of these organs in turn, is connected to a specific reflex point in the foot through hundreds of nerve endings, and when stimulated, improve blood and lymph circulation.
- Thai Foot Massage - focuses on applying pressure to over 700 pressure points in the foot, that are thought to provide natural healing of the body. Some practitioner actually start the massage by adding direct pressure to the tips of each toes, followed by pressure to each of the sides of each toe with a hand-carved wooden massage tool. Part of the massage may concentrate on direct stimulation to the top of the foot with kneading movements, as well as direct pressure to the middle of the sole of the foot.
Benefits of Foot Massage
- Reduces Stress - Most types of massage reduce stress, but for some reason foot massage provides such soothing that you can almost drift off to sleep. Whether it's the precise movement of thumbs and fingers up and down the foot, the kneading of foot muscles, or the pulling of each toe, foot massage is definitely relaxing!
- Pain Reduction - whether pain comes from standing on your feet all day, a disorder of the foot like plantar fasciitis or tarsal tunnel syndrome, or scar tissue from a surgical procedure, massage can soothe over 7000 nerve endings in the foot. This stimulates specific body parts to encourage healing and healthy body system function, which provides pain reduction.
This DVD, Comprehensive Reflexology & Massage: The Foot teaches techniques of foot massage, as well as Reflexology pressure points that can be stimulated to promote health and healing from many ailments and sickness.
It gives instruction on massage for both left and right foot, old and young people, and "how-to" instruction for both male and female. The video includes maps of the feet, and which areas correlate to which body part.
Here's a clip:
Learning this therapy by watching a foot massage video allows you to learn techniques in the comfort of your own home, but it also allows you to provide relaxation and healing to family and friends who need it most.
Go back To Massage Education Guide Homepage
Go Back to Massage Video Clips from Foot Massage Video