Body Scrub Benefits
(7 amazing things that happen to your skin)
Body scrub benefits include the removal of dead skin cells to allow absorption of moisturizers into skin, to create a more vibrant, youthful glow.
A body scrub is applied and as it is massaged into the skin, it removes the dead cells. The scrub is then removed with a warm, wet towel, and followed by relaxation massage. The session usually starts with arms, then front of legs, back of legs, and finally ending with the back.
7 Amazing Body Scrub Benefits
- Exfoliation Benefits - Removing dead skin cells from the surface of the body is the main benefit of having a body scrub, as that alone allows for so much more moisture into the skin
- Brightens and Rejuvenates - in addition to removing dead skin cells, impurities and toxins are also drawn out and removed, allowing a feeling of lightness and rejuvenation
- Youthful Appearance - removing dead skin allows the appearance of skin to be younger, and moisturizer can be absorbed easily. Human beings shed dead skin cells each day, usually 11,000- 20,000 per day, but having a body scrub almost doubles this amount. So, it essentially takes away the dull appearance of the skin. It usually takes about 4 weeks for the cells to regrow and reappear on the skin's surface.
- Softens Skin - Because the dead skin cells have been removed, and the skin has more moisture, the skin will feel softer, both to you, and anyone who touches your skin.
- Helps us Easily Tan - If you go to a tanning salon or if you are heading to the beach, a body scrub will allow the skin to tan more easily without the dead skin cells. It also helps if you use self-tanning products to have a scrub first, as this allows for more even tanning.
- Relaxation - having a body scrub is a very relaxing treatment, as the scrub is removed with warm, wet towels, and followed by relaxation massage. It often includes essential oils as well, for the added benefit of aromatherapy.
- Release of tension and stress - because this treatment is so relaxing, it allows release of built-up tensions in the body, therefore, releasing stress and worry ....which is very healthy!
Types of body scrub treatments
Body scrubs are sometimes called exfoliation treatments, body polish or body glow, but all are essentially a body scrub.
These are the 3 main types:
- Brown Sugar Scrub - brown sugar, mixed with a carrier oil, like coconut or almond, and usually an essential oil
- Sugar Scrub - thick sugar grains, mixed with a carrier oil, and and sometimes an essential oil
- Salt Scrub - thick salt grains mixed with a carrier oil, and often an essential oil
- Herbal Scrub - herbal scrubs add natural herbal products, like orange peel, lavender flower, or the rind of a lemon to the grain, in addition to a carrier oil
- Moisturizing Scrub - the perfect treatment for dry skin, this scrub often has oatmeal, ground almonds, and/or aloe vera
- Coffee Scrub - coffee grounds are used as an exfoliant because it is a natural stimulant, and great for cellulite treatments. Spas often add a chocolate or vanilla scent to the coffee scrub for added relaxation
Tips to get the most from a body scrub treatment
There are a few things that can help as one prepares for a body scrub treatment:
- Shower and clean your body, but do not scrub your body before the treatment. This could cause skin to become sensitive, and the body scrub benefits would not be relaxing
- Share with the therapist if you have open wounds, scars, cuts or bruises, as you do not want salt to be added to an open wound. Although most spas and massage therapists use sugar scrubs because of this, some may use salt scrub
- Wear comfortable clothes that will help you relax before and after the treatment
- Ask specific questions about the scrub: Is it all natural? What type of carrier oil is in the scrub? What essential oils are in the scrub?
- Will the scrub be added to the face? Body scrubs are much different than facial scrubs. The grains are much thicker, and would hurt facial skin. Skin on the face requires a finer grain of scrub, and body scrubs often have large grain sugar or salt.
Read more about the benefits of using organic body scrubs for your skin at SimplyScrub.com
Body scrub benefits the entire body by allowing it to feel revitalized, refreshed and soft. By getting a body scrub treatment on a regular basis, you feel the difference in your skin, and you most definitely see the difference, and others will too!