The benefits of exfoliation include providing healthier, younger looking skin, in addition to softer skin from elimination of dead skin cells, which clean pores and allow a brighter glow to skin's appearance.
Body scrubs are not just a relaxing spa treatment. They are being used in homes everyday for their ability to exfoliate and soften dull, dry, damaged skin.
Exfoliation is often a favorite step of skincare for many people.
There's just something wonderful about a grainy-textured scrub, removed by warm, wet towels, followed by massage cream or lotion.
Maybe it's the sugar, the essential oils that are added, or the carrier oil (usually almond, grapeseed, or coconut) that makes it feel like it's really working to make the skin look better, brighter, and full of life.
Whatever ingredient makes us love body scrub, it just works to help us feel and look better. It refreshes and rejuvenates skin like nothing else.
1. Removes dead skin cells - eliminating dryness, allowing a brighter, younger skin appearance
2. Unclogs pores - cleans pores and removes debris from daily life, helping feel refreshed
3. Helps clear acne - along with clearing the pores, exfoliants help remove oil produced by sebaceous glands that gets trapped underneath the dead skin cells of the face
4. Increases Circulation and Lymphatic Drainage - exfoliation stimulates circulation of oxygen-rich blood that nourish skin, and lymphatic movement to remove toxins and other debris to reveal beautiful, fresh, natural skin
5. Allows lotions and moisturizers to work better - by exfoliating dead skin cell, other skin care products are allowed to do their job better - and really soften and moisturize skin
Regular exfoliation also helps to stimulate collagen synthesis which improves skin texture, and makes it look plump, young and more radiant. In many ways, the benefits of exfoliation on a regular basis offers true anti-aging, which may be why so many people swear by the use of exfoliation products.
There are three types of exfoliation: chemical, physical and enzyme.
The goal of all three is the removal of dead skin cells to reveal more youthful, radiant skin.
Read more about how to exfoliate according to skin type on Healthline.
Our skin is constantly shedding old skin cells to allow younger skin cells to appear on the surface. As we get older, the turnover from old to new gets much slower, so we must exfoliate to help shed our skin cells.
So, the benefits of exfoliation, removing dead skin cells, helps us to not only look younger, but feel younger too.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.