Self Massage Tools
tools allow us to have the convenience of self massage for tension-filled muscles wherever we are -at work, at home or even on vacation. Massaging tools have grown in popularity so much, that there are now companies who make only these tools.
Holistic choices for health are now being sought by health-minded consumers all over the world, and demand is growing.
Some speculate that healthcare costs rising year after year, as well as consumer's desire for less consumption of drugs and/or medical
procedures may be the reason why people want more
holistic self care options.
As a result, consumers now try to learn more about their health and what they can do naturally to encourage their
Many of these muscle problems cause pain, reduced range of motion, and severe inflammation if not addressed properly. That is one reason why massage therapy has grown in popularity with consumers over the past decade.
Self massage tools are now being suggested by massage therapists to clients who need muscle tension relief more often than their pocket books will allow more visits to the therapist.
Tools come in a many shapes and are used for different muscle issues. No tool does it all, and each consumer needs specific massage tool features.
These are our recommendations for specialty massage tools. All are hand-held tools, rolling tools, or handle-type massage
tools for easy use by the consumer.
The primary goal in deeper massage therapy
techniques is using compression. Holding pressure at an appropriate level, allows you to feel the tension release and relax.
If the pressure is too much, a subtle massage at the
point of the compression may be used. Tools just help you apply pressure for
longer periods, without fatigue.
Best selling massage tools
- Hand Held Massage Tools - Allow you to work on your own muscles or may be used by a massage therapist to massage tension-filled or trouble spots in the muscles of the back, neck and shoulders.
- Shaped Massage Stones - helps encourage release of muscles with the use of hot or cold shaped stones. Small shaped stones are often used to provide relaxation of facial muscles or to promote decongestion of sinuses. Hand-held, shaped stones may be used to provide deep muscle release in large back muscles or other larger muscle groups.
- Still-Point or Trigger Point Tools - deliver gentle or deep compression to areas of the body
that are prone to muscle tension, cricks, or spasm. Specifically designed for working the neck muscles, hip muscles or painful disorders like sciatica or migraines.
- Professional Therapy Tools - like massage cups for cupping therapy, or bongers for breaking down tension in muscles and foam rollers, popular in many different clinical settings for release of muscles around herniated discs, boney prominences, or for use on feet, back, and hands.
- The intra-oral Myofree Solution
: TMJ tool in plastic is the only one of its type on the market. A DVD
accompanies this tool and instructs the client in the precise
compression needed to release tension and trigger points in the delicate
muscle structures of the jaw surrounding the temporomandibular joint
from inside the mouth.
Massage tools and self care techniques help many folks in their quest to learn self care for their own muscles.
All of these massage tools (except the MyoFree, which is intra-oral) are designed so that they can be used over
clothing, making them perfect for self
care anytime. No oils are needed when using the
hand-held massage tools.
You may also be interested in learning how to use sets of hot stones and cold stones as tools for releasing muscle tension.
Self massage tools are a great way to relax tension-filled muscles, and
relieve pain and tightness that might otherwise worsen, causing extreme
pain syndromes, which can eventually require doctor visits, physical
therapy, and sometimes even surgery.
Read more tips about self massage and tools that help at Stress Free Mama.
Go back to Massage Education Guide Homepage from Self Massage Tools
Apr 17, 16 11:27 AM
Cupping for massage breast health is about the positive effects of cupping therapy on breast cancer patients, and how breast massage can reduce scar tissue pain. Recommended massage videos that teach
Mar 09, 16 02:27 PM
Massage therapy careers are expected to grow over the next 10-12 years, with a projected 20% increase in massage therapist jobs. High paying careers in massage
Mar 08, 16 08:05 PM
Massage therapy careers offer a rewarding and profitable income, but how do you choose which techniques to practice, where you will practice, or what to charge for services