13 Patchouli Oil Benefits
and 6 great uses for better health in 2020
Patchouli oil benefits include it's ability to reduce stress and calm the nervous system, but it is now being studied as one of the most useful and helpful essential oils around.
Patchouli oil is steam distilled from the patchouli plant's leaves, and is composed of two ingredients, alpha patchoulene and beta patchoulene, which have both been used in Chinese medicine for years because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
13 Amazing Patchouli Oil Benefits
- Reduces Inflammation - eases inflamed scar tissue, cuts, bruises, arthritis and gout
- Helps skin conditions - like psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, acne, and dry skin
- Relieves depression - helps combat feelings of loss and sadness
- Reduces anxiety and anger - stimulates release of hormones serotonin and dopamine, allowing reduce of sadness, and increases peace and well-being
- Fights infection - helps protect wounds and pressure ulcers from infection
- Astringent - help clean wounds and contract blood vessels -speeding healing
- Aphrodisiac - known for it's ability to stimulate hormones of estrogen and testosterone, helps with loss of labido
- Stimulates circulation - increasing new cell production, increasing energy, and increasing amount oxygen going to organs, and increasing metabolism
- Increases urination - increases frequency of urination, helping control weight and lower blood pressure
- Insect repellant - often used in insecticidal sprays and lotions
- Reduces fungal growth - protecting from Athlete's foot and other fungal issues
- Reduces Hypersensitivity - soothes convulsions and epileptic attacks
- Optimizes metabolic functions - helps decompose food and absorb nutrients
Patchouli Oil Uses
- Beauty - Use with a small amount of carrier oil to massage for help with wrinkles and cellulite
- Healing - Put a small amount on skin to help with sores, cuts and abrasions
- Hair - Add a few drops to shampoo and conditioner to help with oil hair problems
- Body Odor - 2-3 drops mixed with a little baking soda and a tiny bit of vaseline helps fight body odor
- Helps insomnia - reduces stress, allowing relaxation and sleep
- Bug repellant - add 2-3 drops to wrists to repel insects, bed bugs, and flees
How Patchouli Oil Works
This oil can be inhaled, diffused, or applied directly to the skin with a small amount of carrier oil, like olive oil or coconut oil.
Inhaling or absorbing into the skin helps relax the nerves, release anxiety, worry, stress, and control emotions in a positive way.
Use this oil in moderation, as using it in large amounts can be overwhelming to the body, cause sedation, nausea, or upset stomach.
This oil is generally safe when inhaled or applied topically, but also blends well with other essential oils like ylang ylang, cedarwood, lavender, rose or clary sage, before adding the carrier oil.
Read more about Patchouli oil at Healthline.
Patchouli oil benefits are some of the best for our health of any essential oils, and it is one of the most versatile oils around, as it can be used for so many ailments.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.