Ginger Essential Oil
7 super healthy benefits
Ginger essential oil has long been considered one of the best oils to have around because of it's use in so many cultures as a natural remedy for upset stomach, nausea, muscle pain, joint pain, and arthritis. Some research shows it may also help to lower blood pressure.
It is usually extracted from fresh or dried ginger root. It grows in abundance in Africa, China and India, where it is used as a flavoring in many traditional recipes.
Through steam distillation, the active ingredients are separated from the root itself, and made into a highly concentrated medicinal essential oil.
Ginger Essential Oil Benefits
- Digestion - great for upset stomach and nausea - often consumed as Ginger Ale, ginger essential oil works well too, with topical application, aida in digestive process, especially helping ease bloating, and boost metabolism - perfect for weight loss
- Menstrual cramping - used in small amounts to relieve cramping and pain, applied topically
- Muscle pain - applied topically to reduce spasms, muscle cramps, and tightness
- Arthritis - applied topically, helps relieve pain, swelling, and discomfort in joints
- Sex Drive - praised for decades for it's ability to increase libido in both men and women
- Helps Fight Chronic Disease and Chronic Acne - as an antioxidant, it help prevent oxidative stress, and strengthen the immune response, also helps fight the bacteria that causes acne (when mixed with witch hazel)
- Helps respiratory issues - used in a diffuser, this oil helps with congestion, asthma, coughs and colds by helping clear mucus from sinuses and other respiratory pathways
Ginger oil Uses
- Stimulant - helps stimulate digestion and ease upset stomach and nausea
- Anti-inflammatory - helps ease pain and inflammation of upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea, and indigestion
- Anti-oxident - helps protect skin (especially facial skin) from free radicals that cause wrinkles and fine lines on the face, and helps promote healthy hair too
- Although ginger essential oil is generally safe to use, it is best used in small amounts, as the use in large amounts created the most important cautions for this oil.
Cautions for using ginger essential oil
- Pregnant women - some studies show that ginger oil could be harmful to pregnant women
- May increase risk of bleeding - especially if you have a bleeding disorder, and if used in large doses (although most often it is generally very safe)
- Heartburn- if consuming more than 5 grams a day, it increases the chance for heartburn
- Rash -always use with a carrier oil to prevent rash or skin irritation
Buy it Now! RMO Ginger Oil
There are several ways to incorporate ginger oil into your daily life.
Cooking - many add ginger oil to food to add flavor and also boost nutritional value
Diffusion - using just a few drops in your diffuser with water allows benefits of this oil to be enjoyed all day
Topically - a few drops, mixed with a carrier oil (coconut, almond, or olive), and applied to joints or muscles helps ease inflammation
Known for it's powerful antioxidant content, ginger oil can help protect skin from free radical that cause lines and wrinkles as we age. Adding just a few drops to moisturizer equips your skin to fight harder to prevent their formation.
Some studies also show that it's good for heart health, buy helping to reduce cholesterol and helping fight the formation of blood clots.
Read more about the health benefits of ginger oil at RMO.
Ginger essential oil is one of the most soothing oils to use in daily life, helping ease anxiety and depression, as well as calm the nervous tendencies we all have, some more often than others, to calm us down and relieve the worries of the mind.