Clary Sage Benefits
11 Awesome uses for Better Health
Clary sage benefits include it's ability to help with nervousness, muscle spasms, and depression, but it also helps prevent bacterial infection with powerful force.
This oil is known for being uplifting, reducing depression and anxiety, and cleansing negative spirits, making it a great oil for work and home settings.
Clary sage, also known as Salvia Sclarea, is similar to common sage used in cooking, but it has somewhat different chemical components of sclareol, linalool, geraniol, linalyl acetate, caryophyllene, a-terpineol, neryl acetate, and germacrene D, found in many beauty products, and various types of cosmetics.
It is extracted by steam distillation from the leaves and buds of a clary sage plant, and has a sweet, warm, earthy aroma.
11 Amazing Clary Sage Benefits
- Antidepressant - fights both depression, mental worries, and anxiety
- Insomnia - acts as a natural sedative and helps to calm and relax the body
- Digestive Health - fights upset stomach, nausea, and indigestion
- Helps convulsions - helps calm epileptic and other nerve disorders, acting as a sedative
- Muscle Spasms - helps treat spasms and muscle cramping and other spasmodic disorders of the body
- Kills Bacteria - because of it's antibacterial properties, this oil is great to help control the spread of bacterial infection - perfect for diffusing at home or work
- Aids Wound Healing - helps wounds protect from septic infection and aid in recovery from surgery
- Stimulates libido - acts as an aphrodisiac to help stimulate desire
- Antioxidant - with astringent properties, it helps to strengthen and tone skin, muscles, hair, and even gums of mouth by helping to eliminate free radicals in the body
- Helps to Lower Blood Pressure - relaxes arteries and veins, and helps widen blood vessels, protecting from high blood pressure and heart disease
- Female Health Support - used to help regulate periods, reduce hormone surges, and promote protection of uterus
Clary Sage Uses
- General Aches and Pains - History tells us that clary sage has been considered beneficial for the aches and pains of the body - primarily back pain and headaches, while it is often compared to sage oil, both do come from the same evergreen shrub family, but are very different from each other.
- Spa Therapy - Often used as a substitute for sage oil in many spas for it's lighter, milder properties
- Addiction - Many new studies are now being conducted of this oil's benefit for those who battle addiction, as it promotes positive mental change
Read more about studies using Clary Sage Oil and the positive results it can have on our overall health, it's ability to help those with addiction disorders, and how it may help depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
Clary Sage Cautions
- Avoid use on pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding
- Avoid using while intoxicated or feeling the effects of alcohol - as this oil acts as a natural sedative
- Avoid using in large doses as it may cause headache
Blending Clary Sage
Clary sage oil blends well with citrus essential oils like Lemon, Lime, Tangerine, Lemongrass, or Orange, but it also blends well with lavender.
As we learn more about clary sage benefits, we understand why natural medicine practitioners and herbalists all over the world use it often to help with so many types of illness.
Go back Massage Education Guide Homepage
Go back to Best Essential OiIs