13 Bergamot Oil Benefits
for better health in 2020!
Bergamot oil benefits include it's ability to help us fight infection with antibacterial properties, which are now being recognized as healthy additions to our everyday routines.
This oil is expressed from the rind / peel of the Bergamot orange and is steam distilled to create this amazing essential oil. It is from bergamot orange trees that are grown all over the world.
With one "whiff" of bergamot oil you experience a spicy, sweet aroma that is refreshing and calming. It is no wonder so many holistic therapists use this oil in their practices!
Often used in cellulite massage treatments, bergamot stimulates circulation and leaves the skin feeling hydrated and smooth. It is popular because it has the ability to detox the body of toxins, and cleanse the lymphatic system.
13 Bergamot Oil Benefits
- Increases Positive Mood - with it's spicy citrus smell, it provides relaxing calmness
- Anti-anxiety - naturally soothes the spirit
- Fat Burner - naturally increases circulation to help eliminate toxins
- Astringent - great for oily skin. acne, and oily hair
- Reduces Stress - naturally calms the mind, body and spirit
- Antibacterial - helps fight infection
- Natural medicine - Herbalists use this oil in treatments as it is antibacterial, used for depression and schizophrenia symptoms associated with antipsychotics
- Relaxing - For Insomnia or in Massage Therapy because of it's properties that enhance mood, bergamot is found in facial and massage treatments, as well as body scrubs
- Nausea and Vomiting - helps calm digestive issues, relaxing digestive system inflammation
- Skin Disorders - naturally aids in clearing psoriasis, eczema, and ringworm
- May lower cholesterol - some studies show this oil may help reduce lipid levels
- Reduces pain -contains both linalool and carvacrol, which are analgesic, anticonvulsant, and anti-inflammatory
- Joint Inflammation - because of antiinflammatory properties, this oil help with pain from joint disease and disorders
Bergamot Oil in Aromatherapy
- Use in body wash, shampoo and conditioner for a citrus aroma
- Use as an essential oil addition to massage or facial lotion or body lotion
- Use in a diffuser to add aromatherapy to your home or office
- Aromatherapy in the car - put on a tissue or napkin, and place in your car for a nice
- For a facial astringent - Use a few drops mixed with 2 teaspoons of witch hazel
Cautions of Bergamot Oil
- Although this oil is generally safe to use, it is recommended not to use in the sun, as it could cause skin sensitivity
- Do not use this oil on children, in pregnancy, or when breast-feeding
- Use only pure, therapeutic grade essential oils for the greatest health benefits
- Should only be used with a carrier oil - not used in full strength
Our Reviews of Brands of Bergamot Oil
Rocky Mountain Oils Bergamot has a sweet, citrus smell that makes it perfect for use in the home, for
medicinal reasons, or as a relaxing oil to add to lotion for everyday use.
Whether you are using it in your diffuser to make your house smell amazing, as a natural alternative to tummy ailments, or in a massage session, bergamot oil benefits can help the mind, body and spirit heal and revive from tension and stresses of life.
Go back Massage Education Guide Homepage
Go back to Best Essential Oils from Bergamot Essential Oil Reviews