11 Benefits of Oregano Oil
like pain relief, healing and cleansing!
The benefits of oregano oil are greater than just it's use as an herb for cooking, and include it's unique, healing properties that help fight infection and cleanse the body.
Otherwise known as Origanum compactum, oregano essential oil is usually diluted before use in massage therapy, with either sweet almond oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil, as it is very concentrated and 1-2 drops would be all that was needed for a session.
The oil of oregano is totally natural and derived from wild oregano species which grows in mountainous regions. It is picked at the peak of freshness, when leaves have matured, and the oil inside is at it's best.
It is grown chemical-free and extracted naturally, with no solvents or preservatives used, one of the best essential oil benefits, provided by few oils.
11 Benefits of Oregano Essential Oil
- Antiseptic - cleanses the skin and is a great germ killer
- Anti-inflammatory -eases the pain associated with Fibromyalgia, back, pain, arthritis, bursitis, and headaches
- Natural pain killer - acts as a natural analgesic
- Helps alleviate sinus pressure and pain - dilute with olive oil, using 3-4 drops olive oil to 1 drop oregano essential oil
- Helps pain of insect bites - again with 3-4 drops olive oil to 1 drop oregano essential oil
- Helps ease toothache or mouth sore - using 1 drop oil of oregano with 1 tsp. olive oil
- Helps heal burns and blisters - using 1 drop oil of oregano with 1 tsp. olive oil, applying very gently to the burn
- Anti-allergen - help alleviate painful allergy symptoms
- Anti-oxidant - helps neutralize free radicals and prevent cellular deterioration
- Aids in digestion - aids food break-down
- Anti-fungal - helps protect from fungal infections
Cautions of Oregano Essential Oil
- Do not use if you are taking blood thinners, because oil of oregano also thins the blood
- If you are not healthy, do not take oil of oregano internally, it is just that powerful!
- Always dilute the oil for mouth sores and toothaches, with extra virgin olive oil
Oregano is one of the best essential oils for use at home and in massage therapy. It's benefits for our health, and it's ability to help common pains and ailments are what makes it one of the best essential oils to use.
You can read more about the health benefits of oregano here: Healing from Home Remedies
This oil is recognized as one of the most powerful essential oils because it fights viral & bacterial infections, but also a safe and healthy alternative for your home and family.
Other benefits of oregano oil include it's components of vitamins and minerals, as it is high in vitamins A, C, and E, as well zinc, magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, niacin, and calcium.
Go back to Best Essential Oils from Benefits of Oregano Oil