Benefits of Coconut Oil
The benefits of coconut oil are being studied in research centers all
over the world right now, and new uses are
discovered all the time. Because of these studies, companies are beginning to produce organic coconut oil, now recognized as one of the best massage oils for bodywork therapy.
Coconut oil has been consumed in tropical climates for hundreds of
years, and many studies are showing that the people who have used it
have longer lifespans than those in Western cultures who rarely use the
include the oil's ability to greatly moisturize all skin types. It
is also one of the best massage oils for clients with psoriasis, eczema,
dermatitis and other skin disorders, as it helps to calm and soothe
Some recent studies have shown great improvement for folks who have Alzheimer's and dementia. Research reports indicate people improve or even reverse the effects of Alzheimer’s by using coconut oil.
According to the Coconut Research Center,
coconut oil is being researched as a massage therapy product because of it's healing properties, and
it's use in Asian and Pacific Island medicine for hundreds of years.
Some Pacific Islands consider coconut oil to be a cure to most ailments and disease.
Health benefits of coconut oil for skin:
moisturize and add strength to dry scalp and hair and is often used in
Indian Head Massage treatments as well as other types of head massage
- Leaves no oil stains in sheets - best massage oils for no residue
- Absorbs easily into skin and provides long-lasting lubrication for the entire massage
- Soothes tired and sensitive muscles and improves the appearance of the skin
- Penetrates into the skin, ends up in the bloodstream, and provides even more benefits to our healthConsumption Health Benefits in our Bodies:
- Helps our bodies fight virus and bacteria as it contains antiviral and antifungal properties
in weight loss as it contains short and medium chain fatty acids and
encourages healthy thyroid function and increased metabolism
- Helps digestion when used as a cooking oil by aiding absorption of vitamins and minerals
immune system as it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric
acid, caprylic acid, which all have antibacterial and antiviral
- Helps the body absorb calcium, making teeth stronger and less vulnerable to decay
- Coconut Oil contains over 2/3 Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT), which aids heart health
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
is made from certified organic coconuts that have not been treated with
chemicals or fertilizers. It is one of the best massage oils for reducing skin irritations,
especially for conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
This is a very light oil in texture. When used in massage, it takes very little to do a full-body massage, so one of the benefits of coconut oil, used as massage oil, is that it lasts forever.
Go back to Massage Education Guide Homepage
Go back to Best Massage Oils from Benefits of Coconut Oil
Apr 17, 16 11:27 AM
Cupping for massage breast health is about the positive effects of cupping therapy on breast cancer patients, and how breast massage can reduce scar tissue pain. Recommended massage videos that teach
Mar 09, 16 02:27 PM
Massage therapy careers are expected to grow over the next 10-12 years, with a projected 20% increase in massage therapist jobs. High paying careers in massage
Mar 08, 16 08:05 PM
Massage therapy careers offer a rewarding and profitable income, but how do you choose which techniques to practice, where you will practice, or what to charge for services