Learning self massage techniques for yourself or your family is a great first step to ease tension, stress, and pain at home, without traveling to a spa or clinic.
The best way fight stress and ease pain is to use self-care techniques that have been practiced by many holistic practitioners for years. Learning stretches, subtle movements, massage techniques and using massage tools can help avoid headaches, neck pain, back pain, sciatica, and many other ailments.
Here are a few tips for taking care of yourself, in addition to self-massage.
1. Listen to what your body is saying. If your hands begin to ache, learn stretches that keep them loosened. Ice chronic back aches often. Many essential oils help inflammation in the wrists, neck, and shoulders.
2. Use massage tools to help you work deeper muscles or muscles that are hard to get to.
3. Use ice packs for muscles that are inflammed and heating pads for aches
4. Know how to protect yourself from chronic pain and irreversible damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Learn the warning signs, and when to seek out a medical professional!
5. Learn how to recognize contagious and non-contagious skin conditions so that you can avoid any type of skin infection.
6. Practice good self-care. In addition to massage, exercise regularly and be careful to get plenty of rest
7. Learn self massage techniques that best for the pain you are experiencing
Medical attention should be sought early, and along with rest, ice and anti-inflammatory meds, you can often avoid serious injury.
Treatment is always easier on your body, less expensive, and will get you working again sooner if you seek it early. Some common disorders require long periods of recovery, sometimes even surgery, if they are allowed to worsen.
Symptoms that require attention:
Take at least 10 minute breaks at work. Take walks, take deep breathes, and drink plenty of water throughout the day. Try to stay on a routine schedule during the work day and stick to it as much as possible.
This is a great self massage tool that does amazing shiatsu massage for neck, shoulders, back and any other area of the body. Instructions are included that teach how to relieve stress held in hands, back, neck and shoulders.
Self massage is an important part of having a life-long healthy body and learning how to perform these self care techniques
properly is critical.