and natural pain relief!
Neck pain can be caused by a number of issues. Although causes of the pain vary, the symptoms are usually the same, and massage therapy, along with other natural pain solutions, can not only help reduce pain,but may actually cure and prevent it from coming back .
The muscles from the base of the skull to the upper shoulders are
very prone to pain and injury because of their location and function.
They are always on-duty working, 24/7 to support and hold up your brain
Muscle tightness and weakness in the neck really makes a difference in the quality of your everyday life, and in your family duties and work responsibilities.
Your main goal is to stop the pain immediately, but finding a natural cure for pain, rather than popping pills, would be much better for your body and long term health.
- PanAway essential oil blend is a powerful natural pain relieving oil that helps alleviate discomfort in neck and shoulders, as well as stressed muscles of the back. I truly recommend it to my clients every day!
- Neck massage is great to help relax the muscles. It will also increase circulation to the upper back, thereby, increasing oxygen and nutrient flow to the area, and providing a natural cure for pain.
- Ice packs are great to decrease inflammation, pain, and swelling. You should leave them on for 15-20 minutes 2-3 times per day.
- Heat packs are great for dull, aching, chronic pains. Again, be sure to apply heat 15-20 minutes, 2-3 times per day.
- Inversion Table which helps relieve pain by lengthening muscles in the back, helping the spine to realign itself and decompress discs to reduce pressure on nerves.
- Massage Tools will also help you work muscles of the neck and back at home. These are quality tools that allow you to manipulate deeper muscles and get relief.
Causes of Neck Pain
Many believe that repetitive, everyday activities cause our pain and weakness, things like:
- Sitting in a chair at a desk all day
- Your pillow and how your neck rests at night
- Physical activities or Sports without warm-up/stretching
- Sternocleidomastoid pain
- Repetitive Injury or Trauma (Lots of heavy lifting)
- Degenerative Disc
- Car accident or Whiplash
Symptoms might include headaches (even migraines), limited range of motion, jaw pain, or muscle spasms. However, you could also just feel tightness and tension in the upper back.
Many physicians will treat neck pain issues with
anti-inflammatory medications or pain medications. A referral to a
massage therapist or physical therapist may be given and he/she may
possibly do blood work.
How can you prevent neck pain from happening again?
- Avoid exercise or movement that causes pain
- Get a massage on a regular basis. This will keep muscles
loosened and decrease the chance of re-injury. Indian Head Massage is
actually a great massage for those who tend to have chronic neck
- Change positions often and avoid staying in the same position for long periods of time
- Do stretches to help keep muscles loosened
- Drink lots of water
This DVD, Learning Massage at Home teaches how to massage the neck and shoulders for headaches, neck and back pain. It addresses
therapeutic massage procedures that can help ease tension, as well as
teaching warning signs of other serious issues that need medical
Because the muscles in the neck are so complex, finding the correct
muscle to work can be a bit tricky. Referred pain points, or Trigger Points,
are abundant in the upper shoulders and it can be hard for our brains
and nervous system to pinpoint the location of the neck pain, so it is
important that massage therapists understand how to treat the
Go back to Massage Education Guide Homepage
Go Back to Pain Syndromes from Neck Pain